Sunday, September 25, 2016

WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE

I told a story in my book "The Jesus I Never Knew", a true story that long afterward continued to haunt me. I heard it from a friend who works with the down-and-out in Chicago.

A prostitute came to me in wretched straits, homeless, sick, unable to buy food for her two year old daughter. Through sobs and tears, she told me she had been renting out her daughter--two years old!--to men interested in kinky sex.  She made more renting out her daughter for an hour than she could earn on her own in a night. She had to do it, she said, to support her own drug habit. I could hardly bear hearing her sordid story.  For one thing, it made me legally liable - I'm required to report cases of child abuse. I had no idea what to say to this woman.
 
At last I asked her if she had ever thought of going to a church for help. I will never forget the look of pure, naïve shock that crossed her face.  "Church!" she cried. "Why would I ever go there? I was already feeling terrible about myself. They'd just make me feel worse.?

What struck me about my friend's story is that women much like this prostitute fled toward Jesus, not away from him. The worse a person felt about herself, the more likely she saw Jesus as a refuge. Has the church lost that gift?  Evidently the down and out, who flocked to Jesus when he lived on earth, no longer fell welcome among his followers. What has happened?

By Philip Yancey


If Daily Prayer Points has been a blessing or source of encouragement to you please consider supporting us by making a donation. Your contribution big or small, is deeply appreciated. Be Blessed!

=>> 30 Days of Prayer <<=

=>> There Is Power in Prayer! Your Prayers Have the Power to Profoundly Impact Your Destiny. <<=

Prayer is the most powerful weapon against trials. The most effective medicine against sickness. And the most valuable gift to give to yourself and your loved ones. Through prayer, you can conquer all things.

Jumpstart your prayer life today with empowering, uplifting and inspiring 30 Days of Prayer. Act Now! Don’t let the enemy cheat you out of your divine destiny! Invest in your prayer life today, and begin to unlock your destiny through powerful prayers!

Don’t underestimate the power of prayer! People are testifying of financial breakthroughs, business breakthroughs, job promotions, marital breakthroughs, academic breakthroughs, healing and so much more, after 30 Days of Prayer!

~ Act Now, Tomorrow Is Promised to Man! Take the Challenge Today & Begin to Unlock Your Destiny Today! Tomorrow May Be Too Late! ~

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18: "Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

=>> 30 Days of Prayer <<=




The Key to Answered Prayers:


1. Have faith.
2. Be obedient.
3. Seek God’s will.
4. Repent your sins.
5. Pray without ceasing.
6. Pray with perseverance.
7. Praying with persistence.
8. Pray in the name of Jesus.
9. Give thanks and praise to the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Share